When it comes to Affiliate Marketing, the one question people ask themselves is ‘’Can I really make money with Affiliate Marketing?’’. The simple answer is, Yes. You can make money with Affiliate Marketing. You could use is as an extra source of income or as a full-time income method. In the Affiliate Marketing business, it’s not what you choose but whether or not you do what needs to be done correctly and consistently. Affiliate Marketing is ideal for home business and doesn’t require much start-up money, production/ shipping, and you basically get paid for referring clients and customers.
The Reality Of Affiliate Marketing
The Problems with Affiliate Marketing
The problem with Affiliate Marketing is the so-called gurus and get rich programs suggesting it can be done fast and with little effort.
The Reality of Affiliate Marketing
The reality is that it’s no different to work-at-home ventures; some get filthy rich, some are successful enough to meet targets, and others end up making nothing.
Is Affiliate Marketing a Viable Source of Income?
It’s not about whether Affiliate Marketing is a viable source of income, but whether Affiliate Marketing can work for you.
Tips on Affiliate Marketing: The Pros and Cons
- Low Start-Up Cost
- No Product/ Service Creation
- No stock/ shipment of products
- Work anywhere, as long as you have internet connection
- Passive income – Solely dependant on your performance
- Can be added as an additional income – for some
- Takes time to generate traffic for income
- Affiliate Hijacking may occur – URL masking helps avoid this
- Bad affiliates ruin your credibility – Choose a quality business/ product
- No control over business product, service or how it does
- Some companies do not pay – screening and choosing quality programs will avoid this
- High Competition
- Customer belongs to the merchant
10 Steps to becoming a Successful Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate Marketing isn’t hard at all, but it requires knowledge, planning and consistent effort to make a significant income. Here are 10 steps/ key points to becoming a successful Affiliate Marketer:
- Learn/ Educate yourself about Affiliate Marketing
- Choose quality Affiliate Products/ Services – Test products, this helps you understand what your promote and the quality of the Product/ Services your promote
- Research the programs
- Choose Affiliate items that match your niche/ content
- Mix and Match affiliate ads – don’t overwhelm your visitors
- Always disclose your Affiliate Relationship – Be transparent with your visitors/ customers
- Market! – Don’t rely solely on SEO and Social Media, know your target market/ audience
- Start an email list – Email marketing can increase income significantly
- Use a lead page or Funnel System
- Monitor the success of your Affiliate Programs
What can you take from all of this?
Before starting in the Affiliate Marketing business, educate yourself about all that is involved.
Planning and Daily Involvement is the key to making Affiliate Marketing successful.
Your success depends on how well you execute your Affiliate Business Plan.